For the 8th year in a row, me and my Final Cut MTL partners are hosting the 2012 PostNAB show. PostNAB is a fair and a series of conferences where we invite production and postproduction related manufacturers, developers and resellers to show there new products. The event is usually held in Montreal a month or so after the NAB Show in Las Vegas.
This year I won’t show any product but I’ll be the MC. However, we’ll have a bunch of very prestigious guests:
- Marc-André Ferguson of Autodesk will show us the redesigned version of Smoke 2013 4 days before the actual beta is released.
- Alexis Van Hurman will be there to presented DaVinci Resolve 9, the new version of the award winning colour grading system
- Andrew Lapierre of the local camera rental house VideoMTL will be there to talk about their new video camera conversion service
- Sony Canada will demo two brand new camerasL the PMW-100 and the impressive FS700
- Adobe will also be there to give us a run through of Premiere, SpeedGrade and After Effects CS6
- And, as usual, John Ladle of AJA will show the latest members of the KiPro family: the KiPro Rack and the KiPro Quad
Come learn and discuss at 3PM on may 31st for the vendors fair and watch the conferences at 7PM. Here is the link to get your FREE ticket: www.postnab.com
Electronic music superstar Amon Tobin just released an amazing box set that contains 7 CDs and 2 DVDs. I had the chance to do the color correction on the recording ISAM, a projection show in which Tobin bring us in an spectacular journey through space in is 3D boxy spaceship. Here is the teaser:
Here is a link to get more info about the ISAM box set
I can’t really show any footage for now so stay tuned to National Geographic for a show I’m working on. Here is the description as seen on the producer’s website:
“Traveller’s Tales” is a new and original 10 episodes documentary series. It will be an informative travel show that emphasizes each city as a fantastic travel destination, but at the same time draw attention to the potential pitfalls that await the unwary tourist. They range from ticket touts to pickpockets, with some schemes so clever and sophisticated they can fool even the most experienced traveller. It’s the eternal tug of war between tourist and those who target tourists. At the end of each episode we’ll see who comes out ahead, and learn some essential lessons to enhance every traveller’s experience.
It is shot on RED Epic, 7D, GoPro and a bunch of spy cams. I tag-team for the colour grading with Pierre-Luc Rioux on DaVinci Resolve.
This is a series on French and English commercials I did for Transplant-Quebec. Mainly close ups of very expressive and emotional portraits. It was all shot on Sony F3 in Log. All graded by yours truly in Resolve. I’ll post more of those later.
By the way, make sure you sign your donor’s card: www.signezdon.gouv.qc.ca
I worked on this show in September 2011. “The Will” is a TV series for Discovery Investigation that tell the story of spectacular legacies with interviews and reenactments. This episode is about the death of Johnnie Taylor, the Philosipher of soul. It was shot on Canon 5D mkII and graded on Apple Color. Here is the 3 minute teaser: